Sarita has generously shared her recipes for the most darling Turtle cake and her crunchy Alphabet cookies with us. Thank you Sari 🙂 I love it when people share what they are good at. Makes the world a warmer, happier place.
1. Alphabake Cookies
What your need:
½ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
Extra butter for greasing the cookie sheet
What you do:
1. Mix the butter and sugar together in a big bowl until creamy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix again.
3. In another bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Bit by bit, add the flour mixture to the butter and mix until smooth. Make into dough.
5. Wrap dough into a plastic wrap and put in freezer for 15 mins.
6. Preheat oven to 350F
7. Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is half as thick as the cookie cutters.
8. Cut out shapes and remove excess dough. Put cookies on the greased tray.
9. Bake cookies for 10-12 mins.
10. Cool and decorate with sprinkles or colored icing of your choice.
2. Pull-apart Turtle Cake
In addition to the recipe for the cup cakes (see below), Sarita also sent me the link which demonstrates how to put them together to form the turtle. Click here to get to the link.
Easy chocolate muffins
What you need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1tsp instant coffee powder
1 cup boiling water
1 cup curds
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
What you do:
1. Sift the cocoa, flour, sugar, soda and coffee powder.
2. Beat the eggs, curds, oil and vanilla.
3. Add the flour mixture and beat until well blended
4. Add the boiling water.
5. Line 18 cup cake mounds with cup cake liners
6. Fill ¾ full.
7. Bake at 350F for 15 – 20 mins.
8. Decorate with chocolate icing, sprinkles of your choice.
What you do after it’s all over
Sit back and enjoy the complements! 🙂